Thursday 30 July 2015

 



 Griffith gets a taste of Hollywood !!!
By

 STUNNER: Krystle McGill and John Bertoldo getting away from the hustle and bustle to enjoy a nice cannoli together. Picture: Riley Krause.


The glitz and glamour of Hollywood is a long way Banna Avenue but the two may collide sooner than you think.

Up and coming TV star Krystle McGill was in town this week to scout locations to use in a trailer for her new US television series.

She stopped to have a cannoli at Betoldo’s, chomped down a burger at the Area Hotel’s Hot Olive Bistro and sampled some of the fine wine Griffith has to offer.

Ms McGill said her trip out west had been one to savour.

“I love it out here,” she said.

“I've never been here but I actually had family growing up here as my aunty was here for 15 years.
“I was saying how I really wanted to come out here, and because we decide where we want to scout our locations we decided to venture out here to scout locations for the show.”
She said there were a few things about Griffith that will stick with her for quite some time.

“We've been to a couple of the wineries, Bertoldo's, because it's very Italian type bakery, and it’s all been amazing,” she said.

“I love the people, they're very down to earth.

“The wine is phenomenal and it's just a very beautiful feel.

“It's very family oriented around here.”

Although the show will be set in America, she said she wanted to capture the main character’s (who she will play) heritage.

“The filming and stuff will take place in America later on but I want to do the trailer in Australia because the TV show is about an Australian girl going to America, and how does she cope over there,” she said.

She has already made good use of her master’s degree in journalism and six years at NIDA with her show Krystle Live bringing her to the spotlight.

“Krystle Live is like a late night talk show type thing where we get up and personal with people, like an Ellen DeGeneres type show,” she said.

“I wanted my own concept show and I was doing a million things at once and realised I needed a bit of direction, somewhere that can drive me, and that’s what led me to this.”


Rod Pieper showing Krystle McGill around the Area Hotel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts